Classic Car Insurance
Classic car insurance is essential to protect your antique or collector’s item. This specialized type of auto insurance is designed for qualifying vehicles, offering coverage tailored to their unique needs.
How Does Classic Car Insurance Work?
One of the key advantages of classic car insurance is that it covers your vehicle for its agreed value instead of actual cash value. This means you and the insurance company determine the car’s worth and agree on the coverage amount. This approach helps safeguard you from potential depreciation, ensuring you receive appropriate compensation if something unfortunate happens to your classic car. Moreover, if the car’s value changes over time due to modifications or other factors, you can adjust the agreed-value coverage level in collaboration with the insurer.
What Does Classic Car Insurance Cover?
A classic car insurance policy may include the following coverages:
- Bodily injury liability coverage may help cover injuries the covered driver causes to someone else in an auto accident.
- Property damage liability may help pay for damage caused to someone else’s property in an accident.
- Collision coverage may help pay for damage to the covered driver’s car resulting from a collision with another car or object.
- Comprehensive coverage may help reimburse losses due to a covered event that isn’t a collision. This might include fire, falling objects, windstorms, hail, vandalism and damage from wildlife.
- Roadside assistance is usually an add-on coverage option for classic cars and may include flatbed towing with soft straps.
When Is a Car Considered Classic?
A vehicle is typically considered a classic if it is more than 25 years old and has historical interest. But remember that different insurers may have their own criteria for recognizing a vehicle as a classic, which might encompass factors such as how it’s used and stored.
Contact Northwest Classic Insurance to discuss your classic car insurance needs. We can help you get the coverage necessary for your specific vehicle.